Delaware Engineering, D.P.C. has been provided planning, design, and construction administration services for improvements to the Village’s public water supply system since 2009. The Village’s water system dates back to 1881 and was originally sourced from two springs located outside of the Village, which have since been replaced by wells.
In 2013, Delaware Engineering helped the Village secure USDA-RD and NYS EFC DWSRF funding assistance for a $2.4M project that completed upgrades to the source, including installing two new wells, treatment upgrades with backup power and replacement of 10,500 linear feet of water main. The Village received a $1.4 million grant from USDA and a $972,326 grant from EFC. The remaining costs were financed with a thirty-year no interest loan.
In 2019, Delaware Engineering was retained to prepare a Preliminary Engineering Report and provide assistance securing financing for the replacement of the existing water storage reservoir that dates back to 1890, when the water system was first established.
Delaware proposed a new 125,000-gallon, glass-lined steel aboveground tank to replace the existing reservoir at a cost of approximately $826,500. The tank will be constructed adjacent to the existing reservoir on land owned by the Village.